Sunday, January 24, 2010

Political Procrastination

What I Found In My Coffee Cup

In my coffee cup this day I did find,
a bat with it's wings spread wide,
the dainty fingers of a hand
poised to pick up an unseen object,
a monster carrying murderous weaponry,
the strong legs of a dancer mid-pose,
a dolphin leaping through the canvas,
the beak of a bird,
a dinosaur with its head held high,
the tiniest of hummingbirds,
lightly at flight,
a snake poised to strike,
and the elusive elephant,
who poked his head up through the mess,
just as I was finishing up.

I must say, I'm particularly curious as to what the hand is attempting to pick up. I also think the hand appears to be wearing a ring. On it's third finger.

In previous cups, some particularly clear images where a lion, a giraffe, and an owl.

What was particularly disturbing in my past three readings, was the emergence of the image of a witch.
In each cup.
Three times in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment