Thursday, March 8, 2012

Frazzle Dazzle

I like the "z" sound, it's not used enough in our vernacular.
Well, it's already March, meaning I've gone about 2 months without writing. And you know what? I'm perfectly okay with that. Yeah, sure, I've started writing in my notebook a whole lot more, and there's a ton of random poetry mixed in with my class notes, but I'm okay with it. I've grown since before when I needed my blog. Haha, cause now I'm strongerr, than yesterday. Now it's gonna be my wayyyy. My loneliness ain't... something anymore. Can't remember the rest of the words.
Regardless. I've been stressing out a lot lately. With school work, and the job search, and the inability to pay rent for the summer/the need to find a subleaser. Not a hundred percent sure why I decided to come write about it here- probably nostalgia. 
Don't really have much to say now that I am here. Although, I was recently plagued with the realization that most of my male friends are gay. This started to bug me until I thought about it and realized why that was the case. And then it occurred to me that I wasn't friends with many straight guys cause most of my previous straight male friends had somehow managed to ruin the friendship. Mainly by sleeping with me. Or trying to. I can list nine off the top of my head right now. Of those nine, only two were actually interested in me romantically. The rest were just horny bastards.   
Moving on- I went to an English Society meeting today. I'm trying to get more involved in the community. Maybe I'll meet some less horny bastards. And then after the meeting there was a creative writing meeting that I had the pleasure of taking part in. I read some of my poems (for the first time) to people who cared to hear them. I read the Howl one and the fermented forestry one. They seemed impressed, suggested I take part in a poetry slam because of the performance aspect in my Howl poem. It felt really good to feel like I was a part of something. Apparently we're all going on a bookstore crawl this weekend, and I'm volunteering for some event. Don't really know the details about it, but I'm excited. We even talked about an end of term party that I've been invited to. I'm really glad I went. It feels important. 
Finally, last point of interest, I've decided to work on my papers a head of time. This time there will be no last minute essay writing. I'm determined. So it has been written, so it shall be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment