Wednesday, April 8, 2009

If These Are the Best Years of Our Lives, How Come Most Suicides Are Committed by Teenagers??

How do you explain that you have trouble trusting your best friend when you only have trouble trusting her to do what's right for herself? I mistakenly told my best friend that I don't trust her today and had one of my other firends turn on me asking why I didn't trust her. Thing is, I have no doubt that she is trustworthy. She just doesn't know how to care for herself.
She has trouble sleeping and is sometimes depressed. I just found out that she's been doing weed to avoid sleeping pills. For some reason, this bothers me a bit more then it should. I figure that doing weed occasionally for fun is fine. When you start doing it to help yourself, you become dependant on it and that's a problem.

At least, I seem to think so.

So I yelled at her and am forcing her to stop weed (with the help of her.. boyfriend? They have a complicated relationship) and have taken away her tylenol pills. I made her give the sleeping pills to her mom and am trying to get her to start reading boring books at night to help her fall asleep.
She doesn't seem to want to help herself though. She rummaged through my bag today in search of tylenol while I went out for a minute and took two. Not for a headache. Just because she had a lot of thoughts in her head and figured taking two strong tylenol pills would "clear things up". Don't get me wrong. I love her and I want to help her out, but she's not making it easy.

Aside from her pill problem, shes also dealing with the guy I mentioned earlier. She doesn't seem to want to make life easy for that poor guy either. He's in love with her and she's in love with him. But due to past experiences with him, she feels she can't trust him. So she's saying that she doesn't want a relationship right now. She still talks to him everyday and they say "I love you" but she doesn't want to date him. He's been trying to win her over by giving her a rose every time he sees her and by doing a bunch of other cute little things, but she's shut him down and told him to stop. Then she gets upset that he didn't talk to her as much the next day and that he didn't say "I love you" at night. I don't know how to explain to her that the mixed messages she's sending him are torturous.

Argg... and they say these are the best years of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment