Friday, October 29, 2010

Eyes Closed Tightly, March On Blindly

I'm tired.

I had a great idea about a poem on materialism today, but that was a good.. 6 hours ago, so it's completely gone. On the plus side, there's a great women's studies assignment coming up, I've chosen the topic of push-up bras; basically I get to vent about how angry they make.

Look for the girl with broken smile,
ask her if she wants to stay for a while.
And she will be loved.
It's not always rainbows and butterflies,
it's compromise that moves us along.

Love that song, makes me tear up every time. I keep avoiding what it is I actually want to talk about. I don't know what that is, actually, I just feel the need to talk. Or write. Same thing, really. Either way, I need to let some of myself out. There's no real exciting social news for me to share, or anything else of importance. I talked to the ginger for the first time in a little while last night, I miss her. I miss home a little bit to be honest. I kinda miss having people taking care of me, or fussing over me. I don't know if I actually mean this or not, I just know that I feel like something is missing. That's not to say I want to go home, or lose this wonderful freedom, nononono, not at all. Just, I dunno, it's weird. Then there are occasions when I feel like all of us on the floor actually hate each other and are just pretending to get along.
I'm sure this is not true. I hope.
Kay, I'm just depressing myself at this rate, I think I'll stop.

Ooh, no, wait, forgot to mention. Met this great guy in my women's studies class. Met through a group assignment thing, and it just blossomed from there. He's quite pleasant to be around.

Kay, time to go get high. Nice talking with you though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment