Saturday, November 27, 2010

Let There Be Snow

the ground is white
the trees are bare
the wind is blowing
everywhere
people scuttle
back and forth
no one stops
to watch the snow
the birds have flown
the warmth has gone
and yet the earth
has still to set
a final temperature
for us to feel
as winter floats
among our fields
the flowers hide
the breezes blow
but breezes not
are what we feel
footsteps mark
the canvas bare
for our marks to make
on paper fair
as white as snow
for snow is what
the skies have poured
onto our streets
and schools
and roads

people scuttle
back and forth
but no one
stops
to watch
the snow

Meh, not my best work, but I was inspired. Winter has finally come, and this time we know it's for sure, theres snow everywhere. It's absolutely beautiful. I went out for a smoke in the snow, and these guys come out. One of them walks up to me, and offers me a chip from his bag of Doritos. We laugh and talk for a minute, and then he rushes off to catch up with his friends. I enjoyed it, I felt special. Noticed, you know?
Gingers coming to visit tomorrow, we're gonna have some fun times. I haven't seen her in far too long. I miss her, but I'm a little bit scared that he is going to think she's prettier than me (she is), cooler than me (she is), or smarter than me (she isn't). I guess I know this is stupid, but I can't help it, I can't forget that every time we go out together, she is the focus of every one's attention. After all, who doesn't find a redhead more interesting than the rest of us common folk.

I'm scared I'm pregnant. I think I said this in my last post, but I can't shake the feeling. Planning on going to the doctors on Monday to get onto the pill.
Erm, what else? Uhmmmm. Two guys just ran past my window without shirts on. It's 2;30 in the AM and it's freezing cold outside. WEIRD.
Then again, that is university life for you.

Kay, well, due to the fact that I know not what else to say, and because I've offered my room to blondie and her boyfriend (there are drunkards past out in her bed) I shall ends this here and attempt to write more (for I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention stuff now) at a later date.
Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment