Friday, May 15, 2009

I Am... Nothing?

What Am I?

I am the whispering of the grass,
The caw of the lost crow.

I am the shudder of the frame,
When you're anger is directed to the door.

I am the long forgotten promise,
The wish upon a star.

I am the burnt up letter,
The one that was never to be sent.

I am the ash from your cigarette,
The one you swore would never be lit.

I am the telephone you cradle on your shoulder,
The one you stare at waiting for a call.

I am the tips of the fingers you dream about,
The ones that wiped away your tears.

I am the hug you long for,
The kiss you depend on.

I am the arms that enfold you,
The lips that caress.

I am the dream that faded,
The one that remains.

I am the worn out blanket,
The one that protected you from the dark.

I am the tear-stained pillow,
The well worn book.

I am the broken headphones,
The ripped collage.

I am the thoughts in your head,
The water in your cup.

I am your band-aid, I am your crutch,
I will always be there,
For the single moment,
The one moment you realize,
You need me.

I need you too.

Without you,

I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment